[SIP Beyond VoIP] question about subscribe uris

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu May 2 23:29:33 CEST 2013

You can chose in your client your own uris for organising your RLS subscription lists, one or more if you wish, is up to your client implementation how is organising its lists and how is subscribing to them. What you do want however is to avoid having a conflict between an existing sip address like an account or alias under the same domain with an uri used for a list in the rls document. In our design, we store all contacts we subscribe to under user+presence at domain RLS service sip uri as this is unlikely to collide with anyone else on the same platform and we subscribe to this list using RLS. Is not something it should be in an RFC per se, but if it would be specified somewhere it would enhance the interoperability between different clients under the same account.

Adrian