[SIP Beyond VoIP] Help with sylkserver as xmppgateway

Jonathan jsandoval at ikono.com.co
Mon Jul 22 17:04:28 CEST 2013

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to configure Sylkserver to serve as a gateway between my local
SIP Network (Kamailio) and external XMPP Networks (I'm testing with
jabber.at, but I expect it to work with gtalk, and others too).

I'm running sylkserver with the --no-fork option to test, and I see the
next output whenever I add, from my xmpp account, a local SIP account:

Starting factory
<sylk.applications.xmppgateway.xmpp.server.DeferredS2SClientFactory object
at 0x2f3c890>
DNSDatagramProtocol starting on 10666
Starting protocol <twisted.names.dns.DNSDatagramProtocol object at
0x2f3c750>
(UDP Port 10666 Closed)
Stopping protocol <twisted.names.dns.DNSDatagramProtocol object at
0x2f3c750>
Incoming connection 3 from u'jabber.at' to u'myurl.' established
Stopping factory
<sylk.applications.xmppgateway.xmpp.server.DeferredS2SClientFactory object
at 0x2f3c890>
Incoming connection 3 from u'jabber.at' to u'myurl.com' disconnected

I have set the outbound_proxy to the local kamailio machine, and I have the
default_application as xmppgateway.  I'm not sure what do I have to do to
get it work.

Thanks for any help.