[SIP Beyond VoIP] Sylkserver Participant Management

Andreas Bachmann andreas at jibemobile.com
Tue Jul 16 13:04:00 CEST 2013

I think a basic policy set is nice and something u would expect from
systems like that. That other services as skype for example. There it's
also not possible for anyone to join any group chat or kick somebody if u
don't have the right to do so.

I think more than 90% of the use cases can be tackled by a simple limited
set of rules.

can-add : [creator | anybody]
can-remove : [creator | invitee | anybody]

If u want to put another one top:

can-join : [invited | anybody]

That prevents anybody to join the group which has not been invited before.

This is not a "I want to have this" - but just a thought on what would be
nice.

Andreas Bachmann

Head of Realtime Communication Engineering
Jibe Mobile
990 N Rengstorff Ave
Mountain View, CA 94043
Tel: +1 (650) 336-JIBE