[SIP Beyond VoIP] XMPP and SIP clients unable to talk to each other

Nitin Kumar Jain nitin27903 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:09:31 CEST 2013

Dear Adrian,

1. Message flow is:

[spark xmpp client]->[openfire]->[sylk server]->[netsapiens sip
server]->[jitsi sip client]

2. all domains are resolvable in DNS
3. there is an SRV record for _xmpp-server._tcp.sip.server.address
that points to Sylk Server
4. log was generated by adding the user 1072 at sip.server.address as a
contact in Spark client that is registered to Openfire server
5. we have not yet added any SIP SRV records. Assuming it should be
pointed to Sylk server as well, what is the required format?

No SIP server logs were generated with this flow. Please feel free to let
me know in case any further information is required.

Thanks,
Nitin Jain