[SIP Beyond VoIP] XMPP and SIP clients unable to talk to each other

Nitin Jain nitin27902 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 20:26:36 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I have setup Sylk server on an Ubuntu Precise instance. After much messing
around, and thanks to all the help from the mailing archives, we have been
able to successfully setup our Sylk server, and it appears to be working
fine on our server.

We have existing setup of XMPP Server (Openfire) and SIP Proxy (netsapiens
SiPbx). We are having issues trying to get these 2 to communicate with Sylk
and eventually each other.

Our aim is that the users in both of these servers should be able to see
each other, and chat, IM, conference, etc.

I understand that we need to create some DNS entries following the
installation. We have created the following DNS Entry -
_xmpp-server._tcp.xmpp.server.address. 10800 IN SRV 0 0 5269
sylkserver.address.

Is there anything more we need to do ?

Although we can see some requests coming in from our XMPP server into Sylk,
they are getting rejected with the message "Invalid" or "unknown-host".

We have modified our xmppgateway.ini file to reflect -
domains = xmpp.server.address

and config.ini to reflect -
outbound_proxy = sip.outboundproxy.address

Surprisingly, we don't find a variable to enter the sip_proxy in the
config.ini file.

Are we doing something wrong ?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,