[SIP Beyond VoIP] Add participants to conference issue

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Feb 25 12:30:37 CET 2013

On Feb 25, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Ram Anji wrote:

> Here is the sip trace for conference. Yes these are also sending in the same dialog as we need to send INVITE with the same dialog. Also let me know what is issue in using the same dialog through out the conference.

Yes, there is an issue. It's not supported and it will never be. It's not a good practice to do multiple dialog usages per dialog, so SylkServer will reject in-dialog REFER requests. SylkServer supports out of dialog REFER for adding participants to a conference, as specified here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4579#section-5.5