[SIP Beyond VoIP] Debugging DTMF for conference bridge app

Jason Ostrom jpo at pobox.com
Thu Dec 19 19:43:29 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a python script (https://code.google.com/p/moshimoshi/) using SIP Simple that is dialing into an Asterisk server conference bridge using new confbridge module.  The python script is supposed to wait/listen for DTMF tones and when DTMF is input by another conference user, the script should take action based on DTMF.

The script does not appear to receive or process DTMF and I believe that DTMF pass through/broadcast/ relay is configured on Asterisk.  Asterisk logger.c shows that DTMF is getting processed.  Can you help me debug why this isn't working in SIP Simple python script?

Code snippet:
"
def _NH_AudioStreamGotDTMF(self, notification):
                digit = notification.data.digit
                print 'Got DMTF %s ' % notification.data.digit
                self.dtmf_buffer += digit
                # '*' equal EOL
                if (digit == '*'):

                        print "Processing %s" % self.dtmf_buffer

                        # '0#*' eq Launching a pre-define application

                        if (self.dtmf_buffer.startswith("0#") == True):
                                print "Launching xeyes ..."
                                os.system('xeyes &')
"