[SIP Beyond VoIP] Problem using sylkserver as xmppgateway

Jonathan jsandoval at ikono.com.co
Thu Aug 1 15:40:44 CEST 2013

This is the output when I start sylkserver with --no-fork.

Starting SylkServer 2.4.1, config=/etc/sylkserver/config.ini
Logging SIP trace to file "/var/log/sylkserver/sip_trace.txt"
Logging PJSIP trace to file "/var/log/sylkserver/core_trace.txt"
Logging notifications trace to file
"/var/log/sylkserver/notifications_trace.txt"
SylkServer started, listening on:
Loaded applications: conference, ircconference, xmppgateway, echo
Site starting on 41508
Starting factory <twisted.web.server.Site instance at 0x4228d40>
[conference] ScreenSharing listener started on 201.236.216.237:41508
[xmppgateway] Logging XMPP trace to file
"/var/log/sylkserver/xmpp_trace.txt"
SylkS2SServerFactory starting on 5269
Starting factory
<sylk.applications.xmppgateway.xmpp.server.SylkS2SServerFactory object at
0x4149690>
[xmppgateway] XMPP listener started on 201.236.216.237:5269

Using dig, I get the correct IP and port for _xmpp-server._tcp, as well as
_sip._udp.  My config.ini is as follows:

; SylkServer configuration file

[Server]

; The following settings are the default used by the software, uncomment
; them only if you want to make changes

default_application = xmppgateway

; Statically map a Request URI to a specific application. In the example
; below, 123 is matched 1st against the domain part, than the username part
; of the Request URI This static mapping can be overwritten by adding
; X-Sylk-App header set to the value of a valid SylkServer application name
; application_map = echo:echo,123:conference,test:ircconference,gmail.com:
xmppgateway

; Disable the specified applications
; disabled_applications =

; Directory where extra applications are stored
; extra_applications_dir =

trace_dir = /var/log/sylkserver
trace_core = True
trace_sip = True
;trace_msrp = True
trace_notifications = True

; TLS is used by default for SIP signaling and MSRP media using a
; self-signed certificate.  You may want to use a properly signed X.509
; certificate and configure it below

; The X.509 Certificate Authorities file
ca_file = /etc/sylkserver/tls/ca.crt

; The file containing X.509 certificate and private key in unencrypted
format
certificate = /etc/sylkserver/tls/default.crt

; verify_server = False

; Enable Bonjour capabilities for applications
; enable_bonjour = False

; log_level = 5

[SIP]

; SIP transport settings
; IP address used for SIP signaling; empty string or any means listen on
interface used
; by the default route
; local_ip =

; Ports used for SIP transports, if not set to any value the transport will
be disabled
local_udp_port =
local_tcp_port =
local_tls_port =

; If set, all outbound SIP requests will be sent through this SIP proxy
; The proxy address format is: proxy.example.com:5061;transport=tls
; Transport can be udp, tcp or tls, if skipped it is considered udp
; If only the hostname is set, RFC3263 lookups are performed to lookup
; the outbound proxy server address
outbound_proxy = 10.10.1.234:5060

; A comma-separated list of hosts or networks to trust.
; The elements can be an IP address in CIDR format, a
; hostname or an IP address (in the latter 2 a mask of 32
; is assumed), or the special keywords 'any' and 'none'
; (being equivalent to 0.0.0.0/0 and 0.0.0.0/32
; respectively). It defaults to 'any'.
; trusted_peers =

[MSRP]

; MSRP transport settings

; A valid X.509 certificate is required for MSRP to work over TLS.
; TLS is enabled by default, a default TLS certificate is provided with
SylkServer.
; use_tls = True

[RTP]

; RTP transport settings

; Allowed codec list, valid values: G722, speex, PCMU, PCMA, iLBC, GSM
; audio_codecs = G722,speex,PCMU,PCMA

; Port range used for RTP
; port_range = 50000:50500

; SRTP valid values: disabled, mandatory, optional
; srtp_encryption = optional

; RTP stream timeout, session will be disconnected after this value
; timeout = 30

Thanks for any help provided.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul at ag-projects.com