[SIP Beyond VoIP] XMPPGateway configuration question

Ramesh Natarajan ramesh25 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:03:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to setup a xmpp gateway such that people using external
jabber domain like gmail could connect to our sip server and
vice-versa.

If I understand the configuration guide correctly,  I need to add a
_xmpp-server tcp SRV record for my domain and point to the sylkserver.
I also modified the xmppgateway.ini to add my domain name.

To test this setup, I used the sip client tool sip-message and tried
sending a message to  user at gmail.com. The from address is my sip
address.

The tool tries to look up the _sip or _sips for gmail server and it is
failing. Is this a correct test?  Am I missing any configuration?

Thanks
Ramesh