[SIP Beyond VoIP] Xcap-diff usage on openXcap with or w/o OpenSIPS

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Nov 27 09:45:25 CET 2012

On Nov 27, 2012, at 9:33 AM, pres ruless wrote:

> According to my understanding it seems openXcap is customized for OpenSips for xcap-diff cuntionality, right? Can we use another Presence Server instead of  openSips for xcap-diff? If so, how can we integrate them since presence server and openXcap will have individual databases? And which properties should presence server need to interact with openXcap?

There are currently 2 ways in which OpenXCAP can notify a presence server about a document being changed:

    - MI command: this is specific to OpenSIPS
    - SIP PUBLISH: this is the generic mechanism

Currently this is not configurable, but it will be in the next release which should be available in early 2013. The requirements for a presence server are not specific, other than supporting presence-agent behavior, that is, generating the appropriate NOTIFY requests when a PUBLISH is received.

> I have seen a live system in order to test openXCAP with openSips but it seems TLS is enabled. Is is possible  to disable TLS in order to see exact call flow?

You mean sip2sip.info? If so, no, we can't disable TLS. The tools are freely available, so you can setup your own test servers :-)