[SIP Beyond VoIP] Xcap-diff usage on openXcap with or w/o OpenSIPS

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Nov 27 01:04:18 CET 2012

2012/11/26 Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>:
> OpenXCAP can send either SIP Publish or call the remote procedure call to
> OpenSIPS management interface when an XCAP document has changed. OpenSIPS is
> the one that generates NOTIFY for the active Subscriptions for xcap-diff
> event related to the SIP account for which the XCAP docs have changed.

If a client subscribes to changes in a specific fragment/node of a
XCAP document, would OpenSIPS generate a proper NOTIFY just for those
specific changes? Or does the whole solution assume that clients would
always subscribe to changes in the whole document?

Yes, hateful flexibility of the standards, I know...

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>