[SIP Beyond VoIP] Robustness of Sylk-Server

Onur DOLU odolu at NETAS.com.tr
Fri Nov 2 09:48:36 CET 2012

Thanks Saul,
We are aware of why sessions are terminated where we do not establish media path.
It is good to know that, "it is chosen according to the standart."

What we are trying to do is,
First, making traffic only for sip sessions handling
Then, making traffic for both sip signaling and media path.

We will try adding a simple application for creating tcp connection with the port that is received a=path in 200 OK.
If you have any workaround recommendation, it would be very helpful till we implement that dummy tcp socket application embedded into our sipp script.

onur,

-----Original Message-----
From: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé [mailto:saul at ag-projects.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:37 AM
To: Onur DOLU
Cc: Adrian Georgescu; sipbeyondvoip at lists.ag-projects.com
Subject: Re: [SIP Beyond VoIP] Robustness of Sylk-Server

Hi,

On Nov 2, 2012, at 9:29 AM, Onur DOLU wrote:

> We are trying to make a signaling traffic (only sip messages) for msrp chat session using sipp tool.
> We get MediaStreamDidFail event from sylk/extensions.py as below;
>
> 2012-11-02 00:48:29.143843 [sylk-server 20857]: Notification name=MediaStreamDidFail sender=<sylk.extensions.ChatStream object at 0x37bc410>
> {'context': 'start',
> 'failure': <twisted.python.failure.Failure <class 'msrplib.connect.MSRPIncomingConnectTimeout'>>,
> 'reason': 'MSRPIncomingConnectTimeout'}
>
> Is there a way to increase 'MSRPIncomingConnectTimeout' value or disable it, or disable further notifications as seen on the attached notifications log?

There is no way to increase that value, it's chosen according to the standard. The test you are trying to do is flawed: you can't measure the number of supported simultaneous sessions if you have no media, real calls do have media. Also, the reason why you see that error is because when the MSRP stream starts it needs to establish a TCP connection to the other endpoint, and in case it fails the streams will be removed from the session. In case that stream is actually the only one, the session will be terminated.