[SIP Beyond VoIP] STUN keep-alive

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Jan 22 00:41:17 CET 2012

Hi Inaki,

Blink does already keep alive the TCP connections, PJSIP has this feature built-in.  It does not do this for UDP though, we expect the server to do this. I imagine that if the server does not take care of this keep-alive task on its own is not possible to provide a reliable service.

Do you know by any chance what Outbound is providing extra in comparison to SIP servers keep-alive mechanisms developed prior to it?

Adrian