[SIP Beyond VoIP] STUN keep-alive

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Mon Jan 16 12:08:53 CET 2012

Your are taking the wrong approach to solve NAT traversal.

You must use nat_traversal module that takes care of the keep alives for all transactions not just Register. Lowering the Register is creating more load on the server as it involves authentication, several round trip times and database queries and does not solve the keep alive of your live dialogs.

Adrian