[SIP Beyond VoIP] Can't get sylkserver sending messages towards XMPP Server

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Aug 23 10:43:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Aug 22, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Tihomir Hadzhiev wrote:

> Hi Saul,
>
> so here is the story:
>
> Problem 1: Attached a tcpdump taken on the machine where the XMPP server and the OpenIms are running, the SylkServer runs on a separate box. Some legend about the IP addressing:
>
> 10.226.20.23 - the SIP/MSRP client
> 10.226.20.240 - OpenIms box ( open-ims.test, scscf.*, pcscf.* etc... )
> 192.168.56.101 - SylkServer   ( the sylkserver virtual uses the same DNS server as the OpenIms and the XMPP server, e.g. the DNS is running there.

From the trace I see that SylkServer is not sending the ACK.

> Saul: I guess you are using a hostname in the contact header, right? Can you attach a SIP trace?
> Tihomir: Yes, that's correct, a hostname is used.

I don't see a hostname in the Contact header, however I do see one in the Record-Route header. I don't have a test environment like yours, any chance you could provide me with a test account there?

> Problem 2:
>
> Saul: There is a configuration option for that: use_msrp_for_chat, if you set it to false SIP MESSAGEs will be sent, else MESSAGE is only used for XMPP 'normal' message stanzas, not 'chat' message stanzas.
> Tihomir: Yes, that's understood, and it is currently set to True
>
> Traces attached for the second scenario as well.

There seems to be a problem with how your client is sending the MSRP data. Our stack detects that a chunk was received before binding the session and thus it terminates the stream and the session.

'481 Chunk received while binding session: MSRP 451037071 SEND',

Can you get a MSRP traffic trace?

> Saul: When the XMPP gateway application is used in SylkServer, it will create S2S connections towards other XMPP servers and also accept incoming ones. Also, did you configure SylkServer to use the XMPP gateway application? Else it would default to the conference application.
>
> Tihomir: Well, I believe that by placing the xmppgateway.ini file in the /etc/sylkserver this gets enabled by default, isn't it ?

No. Look inside config.ini, there is an option to map applications to specific domains and set the default application globally.

> Btw I am subscribed, and have just checked on the website, e.g. logged in and checked my profile "tichomir" where this e-mail address is entered.

Sorted that out with my colleague Tijmen :-)