[SIP SIMPLE client] Registering SIP command-line client to Cisco Call Manager?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:21:36 CEST 2011

I am trying to put together a quick script that will do the following:

Register to Call Manager with a numeric directory number.
Automatically answer any calls to that number, save the resulting
audio stream to a file.
Multicast the audio file.

(I am trying to implement a store-and-forward paging system).

In using the command-line clients for testing, I can't see how to
configure this for Call Manager.  In my other SIP devices, there are
two separate things that must be done to register the device to Call
Manager:

First, the endpoint registers to CM using with a user ID (which in
this case would be the DN I specify, such as 123456).  It must also
present a authenticate ID (which would be a username configured on the
Call Manager, such as "linuxmulticast" and a password such as
"password").

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this using the command line
clients (or at least I haven't figured it out using the examples).