[SIP SIMPLE client] sylk is not relaying chat messages

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon May 2 10:40:08 CEST 2011

> When using MSRP for conferencing, each message needs to have a CPIM
> envelope, so that all participants can know who sent the message
> originally.
>
> The problem is that the room is created using the RURI of the SIP
> message, *but* the To header of the MSRP message contains the unchanged
> original RURI. When a conference server receives a MSRP message with a
> URI that doesn't match himself (the server) it considers it a private
> message (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-simple-chat-08).
>
> We can change this so that we also check if the original RURI of the
> session matches the room URI.

On a second thought, we can't really do this, otherwise we can't differ
if a message is meant for everyone or for a single participant. (because
the To header of the MSRP message is different, and this is what is used
for the match, according to the draft).

One way of getting around this would be to create rooms based on the To
header instead of the RURI, but this has other (worse) implications.

I'm open to suggestions on this matter :-)