[SIP Beyond VoIP] Unicode issue with command line client

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Wed Jun 15 19:28:02 CEST 2011

Hi Saul,

> Blink (sipsimple, really) uses PortAudio to interact with audio devices, we can't use Qt multimedia framework. However, it's unexpected that you see no audio devices. What do you see if when you run sip-session? Just None?

Available audio input devices: None, system_default
Available audio output devices: None, system_default
Using audio input device: None
Using audio output device: None
Using audio alert device: None

> I do have a Fedora 15 VM, I'll try to get Blink working there and see if I can reproduce your issue.

That would be awesome. If you need any more feedback from my side, I'll
gladly supply it. I think Blink is an awesome project.

> > This seems Unicode related.
> >

> Indeed. What version of lxml are you using? I'm not experiencing this with 2.2.4.

Name        : libxml2
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 2.7.8
Release     : 6.fc15