[SIP SIMPLE client] sylk is not relaying chat messages

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Apr 29 16:13:37 CEST 2011

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:

> > but now i noticed '415 Content-type header missing' reply in msrp trace
> > (see at the end of this email).  it is not clear to me who sends the
> > error reply, but may be it explains why the other participant does not
> > get the message (hello)?
> >

> Are you running latest python-msrplib (0.12.1) on both client and
> server? Some months ago we introduced keepalive support, which is done
> by using an empty SEND request. If you have an older msrplib this would
> explain it.

saul,

i checked and i was running version 0.12.0 of msrplib on sylk host.  now
i upgraded it to 0.12.1 and '415 Content-type header missing' reply is
replaced by '200 OK', i.e., keepalive works ok.

unfortunately upgrading msrplib didn't help in relaying of chat
messages.  neither of the two parties in the conference gets chat
messages from the other party.

should i add debug messages to somewhere in sylkserver code?

-- juha