[SIP SIMPLE client] beginner SylkServer hiccups

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Apr 26 15:18:47 CEST 2011

On 04/26/2011 03:06 PM, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Sipclient list. Got it.
>
> How does one "just add a cert"? What should the filenames be called?
> What format should the files be in? Should one follow the Opensips-style
> procedure for creating them, the Mediaproxy procedure (tinyca), or
> something else? What procedure can one follow to create certs for the
> clients, or can the client use use the same cert as the server?

Both cert and key need to be in the same file. You can create them with
whatever tool works best for you and if you get separate files just
merge them with cat.

> I don't necessarily need to use TLS in my environment. Especially on
> this local LAN for testing. TCP would be just fine. How do I get
> SylkServer to populate the SDP with the correct interface's IP in the
> MSRP line of the SDP when not using TLS? At the moment it's using the
> public IP of the box (the one with the default route) instead of the
> private one on the interface where its SIP stack is listening.

By default SylkServer will use the IP for the default route. If you want
to change this you may splicitly set the IP address in the [SIP] section
of the config.ini file.