[SIP SIMPLE client] Help with SIP simple library installation

Jaya Gadang jaya.gadang at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 18:10:16 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to install the SIP SIMPLE command line interface scripts on
ubuntu for sending SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH messages to a Presence server.
I am getting the following error during the build

root at ubuntu:~/SIPsimpleclient/python-sipsimple-0.12.0/python-sipsimple#
python setup.py build_ext --pjsip-clean-compile
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 8, in <module>
    from setup_pjsip import PJSIP_build_ext
  File
"/home/jayal/SIPsimpleclient/python-sipsimple-0.12.0/python-sipsimple/setup_pjsip.py",
line 10, in <module>
    from Cython.Distutils import build_ext
ImportError: No module named Cython.Distutils
root at ubuntu:~/SIPsimpleclient/python-sipsimple-0.12.0/python-sipsimple#

Can someone please tell me what the problem could be. I have installed all
the dependencies as per the install.linux doc

Thanks for your time,
Jaya