[SIP SIMPLE client] SIPCLIENT status

Tue Mar 24 21:36:43 CET 2009

Hi!

I just tried the sipclient framework. I installed stable (0.4) release
on debian lenny using the provided packages.

Then I tried sending an IM using sip_message:

sip_message -s stdout sip:klaus.darilion at nic.at43.at
Accounts available: default
Using default account: klaus3000 at iptel.org
Press Ctrl+D on an empty line to end input and send the MESSAGE request.
asdf
Sending MESSAGE from "sip:klaus3000 at iptel.org" to
"sip:klaus.darilion at nic.at43.at" using proxy udp:213.192.59.75:5060
error: Exception occured in observer <__main__.EventHandler object at
0x8cc9bac> while handling notification 'SCEngineSIPTrace'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/sipsimple/engine.py", line
96, in _run
     failed = self._ua.poll()
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/sipsimple/engine.py", line
117, in _handle_event
     self.notification_center.post_notification(event_name, sender,
NotificationData(**kwargs))
--- <exception caught here> ---
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/application/notification.py",
line 142, in post_notification
     observer.handle_notification(notification)
   File "/usr/bin/sip_message", line 65, in handle_notification
     logger.log(notification.name, **notification.data.__dict__)
exceptions.AttributeError: 'Logger' object has no attribute 'log'
error: Exception occured in observer <__main__.EventHandler object at
0x8cc9bac> while handling notification 'SCEngineSIPTrace'

and so on ...

Thus I wonder is this just a problem of this single application or is
sip client in general not stable yet?

Will it get better using development version from repository?

thanks
klaus