[Blink] Windows DTMF Issue

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu May 16 18:16:05 CEST 2019

On 14 May 2019, at 20:23, Mike at Utility6.com wrote:

> Using Blink  3.2.0 Build of Feb 27/2019
>
> When accessing an IVR all works (0..9*) by focusing on the call, except when trying to use the # , it causes the call to hang up. These IVR's have been tested and work using other SIP clients.

The # key is not handled any different than any other DTMF keys, so it has no reason to hang up your call. When you press it it just sends the corresponding key DTMF tone over RTP. I tested it and works just fine. You can test it yourself by calling echo at conference.sip2sip.info. It must be your IVR tree that interprets it in a way that makes the IVR tree close the call.

> Is there a keyboard shortcut for the #?

Yes, the # key itself. Why would you need a shortcut for a key press? Click the call in the sessions list and any DTMF key you press is sent to the other side as a DTMF tone.

--
Dan