[Blink] Blink for Linux hangs on second call when using PulseAudio input device

juleg.ch at gmail.com juleg.ch at gmail.com
Sun May 5 19:48:03 CEST 2019

Hello

It seams, that I'm experiencing the same problems here (Debian Stretch,
Blink 3.2.0)
After doing or receiving a call, Blink's cpu usage goes up to almost
100%. Also the application hangs afterward and I have to kill the
process and start again to continue.
PulseAudio shows a device "ALSA plug-in [python2.7]" in the recording
section of pavucontrol which is not released until the killing of the
process manually.

Jeff, apparently you managed to find a workaround for this problem. I've
read about ALSA-loopback devices under your posted link
https://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge
but I have no clue how this could help bypassing PA and solving the
problem in Blink. May be you could elaborate a little bit more how you
installed this virtual device (example section of .asoundrc?) and what
device one have to select in Blink for input/output? Can this
workaround coexist with installed PA?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated because I like the
application a lot, especially because it's written in Python and it's
possible for me to understand the source code an to do little
adjustments if needed.

Regards
Michael