[Blink] Blink for Linux hangs on second call when using PulseAudio input device

Tom Briden tom at decompile.me.uk
Thu Jun 6 10:41:33 CEST 2019

I've been looking into this and once it's hung, you can hook into the
thread with the highest cpu usage with gdb and it appears that
python-sipsimple is stuck in the alsa function `snd_pcm_drain (pcm);` (
https://github.com/AGProjects/python-sipsimple/blob/master/deps/pjsip/pjmedia/src/pjmedia-audiodev/alsa_dev.c#L619).
I'm not sure if it's the right approach, but the documentation for that
function says:

"For stopping the PCM stream immediately, use ::snd_pcm_drop() instead."

Switching to that function fixes things for me.