[Blink] New Blink Qt 3.0.0 version for MS Windows

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon May 8 08:50:06 CEST 2017

On 05/08/17 03:32, Mediacast Guy wrote:
> On 3/11/2017 10:19 AM, Dan Pascu wrote:

>>> Thanks for pointing that out. I'm sorry I missed it. It works great. What's strange is my VOIP provider (VOIPo) said
>>> they don't have call transfer on their residential accounts yet it clearly works.
>> Call transfer is a function of the client not of the provider.
>>

> I just tried to do a transfer with Blink and my VOIPo number, the same one that worked in the exercise above. When I
> initiated the transfer, Blink said "trying" the transfer but never connected. If I dial the number directly, it works.
> Am I doing something wrong?

The SIP service provider must support forwarding in-dialog REFER
messages, as well as allowing the Referred-By and Refer-To headers in
INVITE requests for call transfer to work.

If you see Blink displaying 'trying' and not moving forward with the
call transfer is most likely that the REFER message was not delivered to
the destination or the destination doesn't know how to handle it, but a
SIP trace is needed to confirm what actually happened.

If this call was with a PSTN number and you attempted to transfer that,
it's very likely to fail as no SIP-to-PSTN gateway I know of implements
call transfer functionality.

You need both SIP endpoints to support call transfer and a SIP provider
that does forward in-dialog messages correctly for this to work.