[Blink] Blink not connecting SIP account

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:08:04 CET 2017

I'm working via e-mail with someone trying to get Blink up and running.
The symptom is that Blink starts connecting the SIP account but never
finishes establishing a connection.

SIP on Blink used to work there in the past but there have been some
networking changes, including more layers of NAT because of mobile
modem.  So my uneducated guess is that the network might be the cause.
However, since I am using a very similar arrangement, that might not
actually be the problem.  Thus I am asking for help.

Which logs and other information are needed to help solve this?   The
setup in question is Blink 1.4.2 on Ubuntu 14.04:

	$ apt-cache policy blink
	blink:
           Installed: 1.4.2trusty
           Candidate: 1.4.2trusty
           Version table:
          *** 1.4.2trusty 0
                 500 http://ag-projects.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main i386
        Packages
                 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

	$ lsb_release -rd
        Release:    14.04

ICE via the menu Blink-> Preferences-> Accounts-> Network-> Use ICE...
has had no noticeable effect.

Regards,
Lars