[Blink] Blink Chat

Mike Nagie promike1987 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:08:17 CEST 2016

I was wondering how chat actually works?

I use Blink, of course, and the others either Ekiga client or
CSipSimple.

When I sent something with Ekiga client in the past, the others received
the message. I could write messages and receive messages.

So now, I'm trying to send something from Blink to Ekiga.
At the search bar I type "johndoe at sip2sip.info" and I click on the
'start a chat session' button.
Blink chat window pops up and I see 'Status Disconnected'.
I type 'hello', and Ekiga starts to ring.
Even if I accept the call I see 'Status Ringing' in Blink, and I don't
receive the message 'hello'.

Other way around, if I write something from Ekiga, nothing happens here.

Between Blink and CSipSimple (Android)
I opened the chat window, typed something, and Blink said: 'Status: Not
Acceptable Here'

Does chat only work between 2 (or more) Blinks?

[I have not tested with v2.0.0 but theoretically CSipSimple supports
video calls, and it didn't work with earlier versions of Blink, but
maybe things are changed since then and this is not really about
'chat', but the question would be the same, does video chat only work
between Blinks?]

Mike
--
You may be a victim of software counterfeiting