[Blink] Help connecting MAS Blink Pro to Contacts

Neil Brown blink at neilzone.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 16:35:17 CET 2015

> On 13 Mar 2015, at 13:04, Neil Brown <blink at neilzone.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I am not aware that there is a mechanism for manually adding an item to that list(?), and Blink Pro is not showing as an item to which I can tick a tick box.

It turns out that I am wrong — there *is* a way. But it is not pretty.

It seems that I have fixed it and, in case it helps others, this is what I did, and why.

It appears that Blink Pro was working correctly but that, for whatever reason, the OS was suppressing requests for permission to Contacts. I do not know why, and it was not just limited to Blink.

It seems that a list of app permissions for using Contacts is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db

I dumped the table "access" via sqlite3, and it contained references to the applications which were within the preference panel.

Removing the db and forcing it to regenerate (on reboot) did not work.
I forced Blink Pro into TCC.db using:

https://github.com/univ-of-utah-marriott-library-apple/privacy_services_manager

by issuing

privacy_services_manager.py add contacts blink

On starting Blink Pro, it could access Contacts as expected.

(It might have been easier just to INSERT via sqlite3, but this did the trick for me, it seems.)

Neil