[Blink] I translated the interface into Russian

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Dec 18 10:57:13 CET 2015

On 24 Nov 2015, at 0:40, Valera Ivanov wrote:

> Hello Blink,
>
> I translated resources files into Russian.
> You need it?

Thank you for the work. Unfortunately as it stands it cannot be used. It is not possible to ship blink with several UI file sets, one for each language. It can only have one set of UI files. The proper way to do the translation is to use gettext to translate all the translatable strings from the code and ship the translation files which will be automatically picked at runtime based on the language setting. Unfortunately, blink is not ready right now for this as strings in the code are not marked as translatable. The only thing that can be translated right now is the main user interface, but all the strings and UI elements that are generated from the code will not be. Before this can happen some extensive changes are needed to the code.

--
Dan