[Blink] Latest Blink breaks pound DTMF key (#) - sends '3' instead of '#', which is Shift-3

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Apr 25 09:20:52 CEST 2014

Hi Raymond,

On Apr 24, 2014, at 9:20 PM, Raymond Savoie wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com> wrote:
>

> Actually you do not need to. The solution is painfully obvious and simple. You just type the letters and blink sends the corresponding digits for you. i.e. type A/B/C and it sends the DTMF for 1, D/E/F send 2, ...
> It has internal mappings between letters and digits that follow those on telephone keyboards.
> In short you can type any letter, digit or #* and it sends the right thing for you.
>
> This simply doesn't work for me.  I just tried calling an 800 number with a bunch of letters in it and it doesn't work.  All that happens is a "Not Found" error. The letters don't get converted to digits, at least not for dialing.  Maybe once the call is established: I haven't tried that.
>

> The only issue right now is that it only accepts uppercase letters, but it'll be fixed in the next release.
>
> Tried upper and lower case.  Neither worked.  I'm running 0.8.1.

I guess there was a misunderstanding here. Letters are supported when dialing in-call DTMF tones, not when starting the call. THe reason is simple: while PSTN only supports numbers, SIP uses user at domain, so dialing 1800myapple is a perfectly valid SIP address. We can't just guess when letters would need to be translated or not.