[Blink] Latest Blink breaks pound DTMF key (#) - sends '3' instead of '#', which is Shift-3

Bart Volgers bartvolgers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:10:57 CEST 2014

Plaatsen om een kat te zoeken:
Achter de boeken op de boekenplank.
In iedere kast die op een te klein kiertje staat.
Boven op iets heel hoogs.
Onder iets dat te laag is om onder te kruipen.
In de piano.

On 9 apr 2014, at 15:21, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mar 17, 2014, at 2:26 PM, Raymond Savoie wrote:
>
>> I updated to Windows Blink version 0.7.0 a few days ago and find that I can no longer enter a # DTMF code in Blink.  This worked in older versions of Blink.  This bug is rendering the program completely unusable for certain web sites.
>>

> The bug was only happening on Windows, not so on Linux, so it took a bit to figure it out. The next release (due shortly) will have the fix included.
>
> For those interested, Qt is reporting the same key code for 3 and for Shift+3 on Windows, we now use the unicode representation of the character which seems to work on every platform.
>
>> Which brings up another question: most SIP clients I've seen have the ability to pop up a DTMF keypad widget of some kind. Could this be added in Blink at some point?
>>

> Over my cold dead body ;-)

LOL!

Seriously. Think NOT adding keypad is the right thing to do. Having a keypad and need to click the keys with your mouse…. That's a really awkward user experience. Can't figure out why people want that. Just press the Real numeric keys on your keyboard, even using the upper numeric row on my laptop is a good user expressions. Or buy one of these nice numeric keypad with USB. Plug it in and start dialing :-)

Cheers, Bart