[Blink] Problems with Windows Versions

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Sep 4 14:06:15 CEST 2013

On Sep 4, 2013, at 9:00 AM, Mediacast Guy <mediacastguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I introduced a new person to Blink. He installed version 0.5.0. My
> version is still at 0.4.0. (When Blink told me an update was available, I said
> to install it, but I got a server error.) We both rebooted and were finally able
> to connect. However, we only stayed connected for about 15 seconds. Every time
> we connected, we got disconnected. I disabled the Opus codec on his end, but it
> didn't help. He got an "ACK not received" error, as I recall.

This is a network connectivity issue, has nothing to do with Blink.

> As a last resort, I tried connecting to him with SIP2SIP 1.0.1. That worked. Is
> there an issue connecting Blink 0.4.0 to 0.5.0? If not, what was the likely problem?

Again, it does not matter what version you use, not receiving an ACK is a network issue.

> He is a radio broadcaster. He often uses Skype as the audio link between a
> football stadium and the radio station for play-by-play sports. He usually has
> bandwidth issues using his Verizon hot spot. Will Blink have lower bandwidth
> requirements than Skype, assuming he uses the G.722 codec?

OPUS uses less bandwidth than G722 and supports better packet loss.

Abound bandwidth is hard to compare then one by one as both of their codecs adjust on the fly the bandwidth utilisation.