[Blink] Blink Digest, Vol 33, Issue 7

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sat Jul 14 22:16:00 CEST 2012

Other clients are able to handle only audio so is easy for them to make such an assumption. For a phone everything else looks like a phone.

Blink is not a phone, it is multimedia SIP client. It support several type of media and the alert panel let the user decide whether he wants to accept the proposed session and which media he wishes to accept from what it was offered. Now, having an Invite without any type of media would yield such an Alert panel:

User X called you but he has no clue what he wants from you. Would you like to answer by proposing yourself something instead, like a file transfer, a text chat, share your screen or an having an audio call to this clueless user/device?

Adrian