[Blink] very low speaker levels

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Sat Sep 10 13:54:18 CEST 2011

I discovered that it is not all Blink's problem. Windows XP sound system
was somehow mixing the input and output and causing the majority of the
problem. After I adjusted the settings, only a small echo remained. Here
is the email I sent to the Blink end to adjust XP:

I traced most of the echo problem back to the windows sound system. I
hope you are running XP as I don't know if this applies to other
versions.

Start/All Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume Control

Make sure none of the output devices are muted and all of the levels are
at or near the top of volume.

Options/Properties/Mixer-device set to your INPUT device (varies from pc
to pc).

OK.

Make sure ONLY mic volume is selected with a check and that the mic
volume is near the top.

Advanced.

Uncheck Microphone Boost box (This is the culprit).

Close.

Close.

Echos should now be gone. Windows was mixing output with input and
creating the echos on our end.

Perazim