[Blink] RPM packaging of blink for Fedora and other distros

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Tue Oct 18 19:45:08 CEST 2011

> > There is no fedora 14 dnspython but there is a python-dns-1.9.4
> >
> > Most like a package change name?
> >

> They are not the same package, confusing, yes :-S

Think you are referring to pydns which is indeed not the same package.

I checked python-dns (in fedora) and found it to be built from dnspython
sources. The packager changed the name.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2011-April/059146.html

The first time I tried python-dns from the fedora repos several weeks
ago, I received the same error messages as now with the new version of
dnspython-1.9.4. I assumed that this was because it was the wrong
package, which it wasn't.

So once you have incorporated the changes needed for the new version of
dnspython, the existing fedora rpm should work fine.

Perazim