[Blink] Incoming VoIP call ring simultaneously all devices possible?...

Daniel Harris daniel at daha.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 11:02:29 CET 2011

Hi Adrian,

I hope this question isn't too out of scope for this list but perhaps you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

I want to get an incoming VoIP call to simultaneously ring on my Snom 870 and Blink Lite on my two Macs. Is this possible?

I currently have my Snom 870 and two Macs connected into a fast ethernet hub. I tried a switch too but it makes no difference to the outcome.

An incoming VoIP call will only ever ring on one device at a time it seems. And which device seems to be random as I start and quit Blink – or connect and disconnect the ethernet cable in the case of the Snom 870. Is this the way it has to be or is there a something somewhere in the chain that I can change to get every device to ring?

I realise that this may not be a Blink issue at all. It could be any combination of my SIP provider, my network setup, hardware and software.

But any ideas to get me going? Or even best places to ask?

Cheers Daniel