[Blink] RPM packaging of blink for Fedora and other distros

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Nov 2 13:33:54 CET 2011

Hi Perazim,

We are talking here about the code part of the speex project that does acoustic echo canceling, called speex echo canceller. AEC does not depend on any particular audio codec.

Also it may be confusing, but speex codec and speex echo canceller are complete different things, just part of the same project.

The AEC does not always work properly due to reasons related to synchronization of input and output , clock rate, jitter buffer and other low-level audio internals of Linux audio subsystem (ALSA and particular hardware used). The mailing lists of speex project has plenty of entries related to this.

Actually is no wonder as as far as I know nobody got AEC working on Linux, it is the holy grail of VoIP.

Adrian