[Blink] Improper outgoing interface representation on multihomed host

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 30 10:49:56 CEST 2011

On 05/30/2011 04:25 AM, Saul Ibarra Corretge wrote:

> Yes, that's right. Actually only by doing rport should be enough.
> Please let us know if you found incorrect information in the SIP
> messages other than in the Via header.

You are right, the issue concerns the Via header only, not other
addresses in the message.  I actually confused the INVITE I was
looking at with another UA I was testing that failed to get any of the
addresses right.  Oops, very sorry about the false alarm!

Just out of curiosity, why the limitation?  If you are able to
discover the source addresses correctly in order to populate SDP,
Contact, etc., why not Via?  Is this a PJ limitation?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC