[Blink] Audio Problems

Mediacast Guy mediacastguy at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:18:43 CEST 2011

Blink and I are having audio issues. When I connect with another user, he cannot
hear me well, and I cannot hear him well.

1) When I use Blink to connect to TalkShoe, no problem.
2) When I use Blink to connect to the echo test or time service, no problem.
3) When I use Skype to connect to my buddy, no problem.
4) When I use X-Lite to connect to my buddy, no problem.

But when we connect with Blink using any of the codecs, we're both low audio. In
each case, the same computer is used with the same mics and speakers. The same
audio sources are selecting in the audio control panel. One operating system is
Windows XP, and the other is Windows 7.

I'm sure the problem is on our end rather than with Blink, but I am unable to
find a solution. Blink is a fabulous product that will probably grow in
popularity once Microsoft gets its claws into Skype, but for now, it is only
useful for us with the services I mentioned above.