[Blink] Blink over VPN using the wrong ip address in headers

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Thu May 12 00:46:46 CEST 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011 at 23:29, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> No. This mailing list is currently the right place to report issues.

Do you know of any place where I can search for known issues in Blink?
Besides Google, I mean. Searchig for "blink" gives too many unrelated
results. How does the project keep track of bugs?

> Having the wrong IP address in the Via header is a known issue but it
> shouldn't matter since rport (RFC 3581) is requested and should be used.

I'm not familiar with RFC 3581 (yet), but did you mean, "should be used"
by the SIP server? Or client?

> When using UDP, if rport is not used responses are routed back to the source
> address and the port in the topmost Via header. Since this may cause trouble
> with NATs, if rport is being used, responses will be routed to the source IP
> and port from which the request originated.

So, if I parse this correctly, the SIP server needs to do some magic?
Blink is sending this wrong address in the first packet, so the SIP server
should ignore it and send replies to the "Contact" address anyway?

> What SIP server are you using?

>From what I can tell from tcpdump[0] it's an Asterisk PBX.1.6.2.8.

Thanks for your response,
Christian.

[0] http://nerdbynature.de/bits/blink/
--
BOFH excuse #320:

You've been infected by the Telescoping Hubble virus.