[Blink] Dialing rules

Olaf Monien olaf at monien.net
Wed May 11 23:27:11 CEST 2011

Am 11.05.2011 um 15:20 schrieb Adrian Georgescu:

> Given the current Blink GUI design, how would such feature look like? Now when one makes an outbound call at least is known which account is being used.

I would suggest an "Auto" account, which would be a "virtual" account, that tries to find matching rules. If no rule matches, the default account will be used. These rules would be like so (pseudo code)

"if number to dial starts with +49 then use Account1
else if number to dial starts with +1 then use Account2
else use Account 3"

> Adding a country prefix per account and match the account when dialing out? How to display this without overloading the interface?

Add "Auto" to the list of accounts, that show up in that combobox in the main interface"

> Adding an attribute per contact to point to a certain account for all outbound  calls? How to deal with exceptions, maybe I do not want to use this setting fro some calls and chose another account?

For exceptions the user can still select an other item in the Account combobox