[Blink] Permission denied after upgrading to Pro

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed May 11 17:42:11 CEST 2011

This is related to the fact the Blink Pro is trying to write files belonging to the former /Applications/Blink/  folder. Both applications share the same configuration file but in Blink we used to store full paths instead of relative to the installation directory. This causes the problem.

You can fix it by removing the configuration file ~/Library/Application Support/Blink/config (but you lose all settings) or you can edit this config file with a text editor and look for the full paths and replace Blink with Blink Pro in these paths, or remove the lines that contain any full paths to the sounds directory (you can restore then my using the preferences panel later ).

Then restart Blink Pro. Backup you file before just in case your editor is breaking it.