[Blink] Configuration in blink to send "active" or "passive" in acm mode

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Mar 21 15:16:24 CET 2011

Hi,

On 03/21/2011 02:37 PM, Achint Aggarwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using blink to establish a chat session where both blink UA’s
> should send “*/a=setup:active/*” in their MSRP SDP media description
> during OFFER/ANSWER exchange.
>
> I don’t have NAT’s with me.
>
> So can I achieve this objective through some configuration changes in
> the blink GUI???

Currently if you enable ACM model (Account Settings > Advanced > MSRP >
Connection Model) Blink will put a=active or a=actpass depending on the
detected NAT type. If you are not behind NAT it will offer actpass.

We have plans to change this: Blink should never offer actpass, since it
doesn't know what will the other endpoint be and TLS negotiation would
fail. Also, the setting will be removed and when Blink receives an offer
with ACM it will prefer it over the relay. For outbound connections
Blink will always use a=active.

No ETA for this though.