[Blink] Opening and building Blink sources under Windows

Carmelo Fischetti - Digi Unit fischetti at digiunit.it
Thu Apr 14 00:21:31 CEST 2011

Hi Saúl,

thanks for your reply! I see that nothing needs to be built... but in some way it can, since a Windows installer can be downloaded from the web site. Am I wrong? My question is: how has the installer been built? My goal is to make some modifications to the code and repackage it for internal use.

Regards,

Carmelo Fischetti

Hi Carmelo,

On 13/4/11 7:44 PM, Carmelo Fischetti - Digi Unit wrote:
> Hello to everybody,
>
> this is my first post to the mailing list.
>
> I really appreciate Blink SIP Client, its features but, most of all,
> its reliability!
>
> I’m interested in building Blink source code under Windows. I’ve
> downloaded and installed SIP SIMPLE client SDK and its dependencies
> and I’ve downloaded Blink source code from darcs repository. My question is:
> what kind of IDE should I use (under Windows) to open and build the
> sources? I’ve read that under Mac OS X I could use XCode: what about a
> Windows IDE? Consider that I have no experience in Python (but I can
> learn very quickly :-)…).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Carmelo

We currently don't support/use an IDE such as VisualStudio on the Windows platform. Once you have the source code you can run it from the terminal same as you would in Mac or GNU/Linux, nothing needs to be built, since its Python code only.