[Blink] outbound proxy not used

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Sep 29 19:23:22 CEST 2010

Well, it turn out that in the real world many DNS resolvers built in routers are unable to lookup DNS NAPTR and SRV records. Because of this reason, we built the DNS resolver within Blink itself.  What you say is not really the way DNS is properly managed in an enterprise.  DNS must always be properly delegated and the delegated name servers must always respond correctly, if is privacy issue with which hostnames are looked-up, you can always set different views of DNS responses for queries coming from the Internet or the private LANs but the DNS must be properly delegated and the name servers responsible for that domain must provide the correct answers.

Adrian