[Blink] DG834GUv5 Firmware: SP2V6.00.23STAUS

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Sun Sep 26 11:53:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 09/26/2010 10:44 AM, Mikel Jimenez wrote:
> I have experimented this too, I lose my Wirelles connectivity when make
> a call.
>
> El 26/09/10 04:12, Bill Kennedy escribió:
>> I have just downloaded Blink to my MacBook Pro.
>>
>> Whenever I try to make a call I lose my internet connection and the
>> router reboots. Routher details are: DG834GUv5 Firmware: SP2V6.00.23STAUS
>>
>> I connect my MacBook Pro to the router via wireless.
>>
>> Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I could reproduce this with Mikel Jimenez, which was experiencing this
same problem. The problem is in the router. When ALG is enabled SIP
packets will be inspected and it will try to 'fix' SIP, but it will fail
in his attempt of doing it. Blink 0.20.2 has the use of ICE enabled by
default and this was causing Mikel's router to reboot. When we disabled
ICE in Blink the router never rebooted again.

It's unbelievable that a SIP packet could cause a router to reboot
because of its bad SIP packet inspecting implementation, in this case it
was a Netgear CG3100D-RG router and I guess the same is happening to
you. Can you try to unselect the 'Use ICE' setting in the 'NAT
Traversal' settings  for your account?

Mikel, thanks for helping me  find the issue ;-)