[Blink] New Blink Qt release 0.1.3 for Linux and Windows

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Sat Sep 4 22:21:40 CEST 2010

Juha,

On 09/04/2010 06:11 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Adrian Georgescu writes:
>
>> Does it work with pulse device by any chance?
>
> i don't have pulse option to choose from.  i have tried 'System default'
> and 'default'.  i'm not able to change audio to use 'HDA Intel' even
> when that option is shown.  perhaps the reason is that 'HDA Intel' may
> be the system default.  in twinkle audio works fine when i have chosen
> 'ALSA: default: Default device'.

I could reproduce this in my computer, I'll run some tests to find the
explanation to this.

>> Can you check if you have other Blink running in the background?
>
> i have checked and there is no other blink running.  when i Quit blink
> (without trying to make a call), it takes a long time to shut down and
> at the end i usually get:
>
> Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
>    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sipsimple/core/_engine.py", line 114, in run
>    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sipsimple/core/_engine.py", line 128, in _post_notification
> <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'now'

This is a known issue: if the audio devices hang the engine will block
on shutdown, so it will be killed if it can't be ended properly in 60
seconds. We are trying to fix this as well, but as you may imagine it's
random and hard to reproduce :-S