[Blink] New Blink Qt release 0.2.0 for Microsoft Windows

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Fri Nov 12 13:21:31 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 14:01 +0200, Dan Pascu wrote:
> On 11 Nov 2010, at 21:47, Lee Sharp wrote:
>
> > On 11/11/2010 02:16 PM, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> >> You can achieve with the current version a sort of assisted
> >> transfer by simply starting a new call and conference the two calls
> >> afterwards by dropping them one on top of the other. As you can
> >> create multiple parallel conferences you can do this multiple
> >> times. Is not really call transfer in the SIP signaling sense but
> >> it costs you nothing to use it today as it is and it acts the same.
> >
> > It doesn't act the same in that you have to stay on the call.  So,
> > you can not take another call...
>
> Of course you can take another call. The people in the conference will
> keep talking to each other even if you take another call and the
> conference is put on hold from your perspective. It is not on hold in
> the real sense, as the other participants can still talk to each
> other, it just removes you from the conference when you take the other
> call. You can of course re-enter the conference by selecting it later
> if you need to. Holding a conference works differently from the host
> perspective than holding a simple call as it doesn't involve sending a
> re-INVITE and stopping the media stream. In the conference case, the
> host is just removed from the input and output audio channels, in
> order to allow the rest of the participants to continue with the
> conference.

Nice to know, it could be useful but it's still very different from real
transfer. I will need to workaround with PBX DTMF transfer.

I'd love to see that feature in the roadmap (even if planned for the
long-term) to have better acceptance in enterprise environments, because
appart from that detail Blink is by far the best free softphone I've
tested!

Anyway, congratulations for the Windows version!

François.