[Blink] SIP Problem with private IP addr

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Nov 11 09:40:48 CET 2010

On 11/11/2010 09:18 AM, Fabrice Rochette wrote:
> It looks like blink is taking the first private ip address from my local
> interfaces, no matter to which interface the packets will get routed.
> The routing is working as on the server a tcpdump show the incoming
> packets from 10.20.20.6 to 172.18.0.5, but inside the SIP protocol, IP
> is 192.168.0.12 which is wrong and makes the server trying to answer
> Register/Subscribe to 192.168.0.12.

I could verify this as well: the packet is routed to through the right
interface but there are 2 places where the IP address is incorrect:

   - "SENDING" line. This is a bug and will be addressed in a future
release.
   - Via header: we are aware of this, but changing it implies a big
change which will not take place soon.

The Via header issue is not usually a problem since RFC3581 is widely
used. Do you have support for this in your server?